We’re looking for Savers to share their own saving experience with us: The good, the bad and even the ridiculous when it comes to saving and spending. Make us empathize. Inspire us. Share with us what you’re doing right and how we can learn from your mistakes. And if we pick your post, we’ll share with you a cool $100. Sounds fair, right?
Don’t get discouraged if we don’t pick your post. Remember what your mom told you – if at first you don’t succeed, try and try again … the next month. Your mom’s one smart lady.
If you’re ready to tell your story on The Official Blog of Savers, here’s what you need to know:
- The first week of the month we’ll pose a new question in the ”Question of the Month” box on the right-hand side of every page.
- Write an original post (no more than 500 words, please) in response to the big question. Be sure to let your personality and unique point of view shine through. Fun, engaging posts = good. Boring, preachy posts = bad.
- All posts should include a 50-word or less bio that gives us an idea of who you are and why you have a unique Saver’s point of view.
- Be sure to include a snazzy headshot of yourself (jpeg no more than 500kb). Or, if you really want your voice to be heard (literally), include a link to a YouTube video that you created relating to the question of the month.
- You’ll have until the last day of the month to send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t attach a word document – just put the copy right in the email. You can attach images. (Files must be under 500 kb.)
- We’ll choose the winning Saver bloggers and contact them by email.
- Winning Saver posts will run start running 30 days after the contest ends. Be sure to check out what your fellow Savers have to say.
And remember, have fun with this. We’re excited to read about your adventures in saving.
To be eligible, you must be at least 18 years of age and a U.S. Resident. See Official Rules.